Friday, April 28, 2017

Stewart White Demo

Stewart White did a watercolor demo yesterday at the Plein Air Painting Conference and Expo in San Diego.


I did this live portrait as he painted. I was working in rather dim light with the book in my lap, so I used fairly dense mixtures of color and strong contrasts. 


Stewart, who hails from Baltimore, is renowned as both an architectural illustrator and an outdoor painter.  He'll be leading a workshop to Granada, Spain this October, which promises inspiring instruction, delicious food, and unforgettable camaraderie.

3 comments:

Jared Cullum said...

Awesome! I'll have to check into if he's doing a local workshop sometime. Baltimore is only about 3 hours from me. I'm dying to go to that plein air convention some year. It's just tough with the kids. Have a great show and a safe trip!

Jared Cullum said...

Wow- bonus haha I looked at his website and he has a bunch of Richmond paintings that are near my neighborhood. Some places I've also sketched. Small-world. :)

Rebekah said...

Great painting! It was fun to be there and see you in action.