Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mort Künstler in Illustration 24

The new Illustration Magazine features a special issue devoted to the work and career of Mort Künstler. The article by Stephen Doherty follows his career, ranging from paperbacks, pulps, adventure magazines, Aurora model kits, slicks, and his recent work illustrating events from the Civil War.
--------
On the Illustration Magazine website, you can preview every page in thumbnail form to get a sense of the scope of the coverage, link.
You can find the magazine soon at your local bookseller or order it from Bud's Art Books, link.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Illustration and I'll be sure to grab this one. does anyone know if Jim Vadeboncoeur is still publishing Images? I can't find it anywhere or any word on whether it is still being published.

Random York said...

I love the look of Kunster's work, I love that evidence of the brush and the human hand.
Jim, your blog is a constant encouragement to work and get ink and paint stained hands and to (I think) have a lot more fun while waiting in line at the post office holding a sketchbook instead of a phone or blackberry.

Random York said...

Sorry, "Kunstler".

colin said...

I've been thinking about it for a while, and this post pushed me over the edge. I just got a subscription.

Good job, Mr. Gurney. ;-)

Anonymous said...

ImageS
by
Jim Vadeboncoeur, Jr.

http://www.bpib.com/imagesmagfolder/imagesmag/index.html